Reishi mushrooms tend to have a slightly bitter flavor, so most recipes even this out by adding sweeteners. In this recipe, we’ll add the sweetness of honey with the spicy and earthy taste of marjoram. This results in a smoother mushroom tea. You can also substitute marjoram with peppermint, basil, rosemary, or dried flowers such as jasmine and chamomile. Magic Mushshrooms In Australia
- 10 small pieces of reishi mushrooms – finely sliced
- 8 fresh marjoram leaves or 5 drops of marjoram oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces hot water
- 1 lemon slice
1. Bring 8 ounces of water to a rapid boil in a tea kettle or stovetop pot.
2. Once the water is boiling, add the reishi mushrooms.
3. Turn the heat down to medium high and add honey, oil, and leaves.
4. Steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Taste the concoction every 30 seconds after 5 minutes to find the perfect flavor for your tastebuds.
5. Serve in a drinking mug and garnish with a slice of lemon or add a dash of fresh lemon juice.